Friday, December 27, 2013

Best of 2013: Travels!

Instead of doing a traditional 5 on Friday I am going to do a "Best of 2013" for the next few days. Today, I am going to focus on the best travels that we have taken this year. Though we have not gone to many places, the places we did go were meaningful. Let's get started.

Our trips around Florida.

It was our great uncle's 80th Birthday ~ Tampa, FL.


Disney Wide World Sports: Braves vs. Marlins.
This is why I chop!

Georgia vs. Nebraska Capital One Bowl
Orlando, FL. 

Many beach days! ~ New Smyrna Beach, FL.


Our trips to Georgia.

February my cousin's wedding ~ Savannah, GA.

Darien, GA.

Dillard, GA.

White Water Rafting ~ Chattooga River

Helen, GA.

The Georgia Aquarium ~ Atlanta, GA.


I hope 2014 brings us new travels. Here is my bucket list of places I would love to see:

Greece
Italy
Spain
Scotland
Ireland
Grand Cayman Islands
Turks and Caicos 
Cabo San Lucas
Boston, M.A.
Seattle, WA.
San Diego, CA 
Niagara Falls ~ Canada Side
Nashville, TN
Charlotte, NC
Chicago, IL
Las Vegas, NV
Grad Canyon, NV.
South Carolina Nicolas Sparks book tour
Yosemite National Park
Alaska

Places I have been:
France
Belgium
Germany
Switzerland
Bahamas
St. Maarten
Virgin Islands ~ St. Johns & St. Thomas Islands
Washington D.C.
Virginia
Georgia
Myrtle Beach, SC.
Florida Keys
Fort Lauderdale, FL.
St. Pete/Tampa, FL. 
Jacksonville, FL.
St. Augustine, FL.
Daytona, FL. 
Pensacola, FL.
Denver, CO.
Colorado Springs, CO.
Breckenridge, CO. 
Leavenworth, KS
Kansas City, KS
Overland Park, KS 


I am sure I am forgetting some places I have been and I am sure I will add places I would love to see as time goes on. I also hope air fares will cool it's jets for a while so I can go back to Europe. About 5 years ago, I was able to fly to Germany and back for $500. Now, it is up to $1400 per person. Uh, no thanks! So until those prices come down, I will take the chances of traveling within the United States.   What are the places you would love to visit?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment